Why Are Diabetic Socks So Beneficial for Some Diabetics:
The same way that diabetes can damage the blood vessels in your stomach or eyes, it can also severely toes, fingers and ultimately the entire foot. Persistently high HbA1C levels can permanently damage the nerves and blood vessels throughout your body known as "peripheral neuropathy."
As the nerves in your feet and blood vessels become more damaged due to high sugar levels, the more you lose sensation and feeling in your toes and foot overall. S simple cut or blister with a sweaty foot that has been tied up in socks and shoes all day is the perfect recipe for a potentially dangerous infection.
Commonly referred to as "foot ulcers", the CDC states these seemingly small infections are the most common event that requires someone with diabetes to get an amputation. The longer a cut takes to heal, the more likely it will come infected and spread throughout your toes and feet requiring an amputation to save your leg and ultimately your life.
- Shock absorbing
- Breathable fabric
- Enhances blood circulation
- Reduces leg fatigue
- Anti-Bacterial & Anti Fungal (prevents foot infection)
- Auto Regulating Mesh Top (automatically regulates temperature)
- Treated Inner Toe Seam (that protects the skin on your foot)
- Holistic/Gentle Neck Pressure (helps to prevent the swelling of the feet)